Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 ADDICTION CENTRAL UPDATE

Hello readers! Last year, we covered a variety of addiciton topics. Everything from Whitney Houston's passing to parents who give their young children Marijuana. This year will be no different. We will look at teens and drug abuse, veterans and the mix of alcohol and suicide rates, and pregnant women who drink. I welcome your feedback and any questions you may have. Just a note about the lack of information after August 2012. In September I had surgery and a wealth of complications. In fact, I almost died twice. By Thanksgiving I was out of the hospital and on my way to Chicago. It was a long haul, but I am better than ever and ready to re-group. I am looking forward to a healthy, sober and addiction-free 2013. And I wish the same for all of you. Sincerely, Dr. McGowan

No comments: